January 29, 2021 (Google Translation) – The St. Petersburg company Soyuzproektverf handed over to Sevmash (part of USC) copies of two general plans of the enterprise in 1936 and 1939. According to the original of the first general plan 85 years ago, the designer reported to Stalin about how the future shipyard in the north of the country would look like.
In terms of capacity, the enterprise had to correspond to two large shipyards of Nikolaev. Two master plans, handed over by the design organization, make it possible to study the process of changes in the design of Sevmash. According to the first scheme, two huge slipways with loading docks and horizontal slipways were provided on the territory of the plant. The buildings of the Nikolo-Korelsky monastery were supposed to be demolished, and in their place the main factory buildings were to be built. On the neighboring shore, across the water area, it was planned to open a shipyard of the enterprise with dry docks. Now it houses the Zvezdochka Ship Repair Center.
After carrying out detailed survey work, the industrial site was displaced downstream of the river, where today Sevmash is located. The buildings of the monastery were preserved. The temple was recognized as an architectural monument of the 18th century. In 1939, due to the fact that the government ordered to reduce the design capacity of the plant, a new master plan of the shipyard was issued. A number of objects were excluded from it. Thus, open slipways with an inclined descent were dismantled, as they did not justify themselves in severe climatic conditions, three-kilometer malls were not built to enclose the outlet channel. But even despite the changes, Sevmash today is the largest shipbuilding enterprise in the country.