The U.S. Coast Guard is scheduled to participate in the annual San Diego Fleet Week, which is set to begin on Wednesday, Nov. 8, and will run through Nov.12.
The U.S. Coast Guard invites the public to celebrate our nation’s sea services and meet our Coast Guard members. During San Diego’s Fleet Week, the Coast Guard will showcase its capabilities and commitment to the community through various activities, including:
- USCGC Steadfast ship tours: Broadway Pier, Nov. 10 – 12, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- USCGC Forrest Rednour ship tours: Broadway Pier, Nov. 10 – 12, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Coast Guard Sector San Diego Open House: Nov. 11, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Please note: A shuttle will run from Broadway Pier to the Coast Guard base to ease access for those interested in visiting. There will be a mix of interactive, informative displays, and demonstrations for all our guests.
- A barbeque lunch will be available for purchase.
- A mobile Coast Guard exchange selling Coast Guard merchandise.
- Coast Guard recruiting members will also be represented, and available to talk with anyone interested in joining the Coast Guard.
- A Coast Guard Jayhawk helicopter aircrew is scheduled to conduct a search and rescue demonstration in San Diego Bay at 11:30 a.m. on Nov. 11. The on-duty aircrew will demonstrate what goes into an on-water rescue by deploying our Coast Guard rescue swimmer into the water and hoisting them back onto the helicopter.
- Boat parade: Sunday, November 12 starting from Shelter Island at 9:30am.
- Coast Guard will be on the water throughout the week to ensure the public’s safety and security.
- Uniformed Coast Guard members will march in the Veterans Day Parade on Nov. 12, from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Coast Guard Sector San Diego will be on the water throughout the week to ensure the public’s safety and security.