Seattle’s Naval Shore Station opens at the foot of Washington Street on July 3, 1920

HistoryLink.org Essay 10931 On July 3, 1920, the City of Seattle opens a Naval Shore Station at the foot of Washington Street. Built for use by naval vessels, the station also acts as moorage for the city’s harbor patrol. Fronted by a wide wrought-iron pergola, the slip provides more than 300 feet of berthage. In the 1970s, the aging pergola…

Read More