The American Society of Naval Engineers (ASNE) is excited to return to the West Coast and the San Diego Convention Center for the 2021 Fleet Maintenance & Modernization Symposium (FMMS). The FMMS three-day agenda includes senior military keynotes, industry speakers, informative panels, innovation theater speakers, technical paper presentations, and a professional development course. All FMMS keynotes and panels will be live-streamed for virtual attendees. The Fleet Maintenance & Modernization Symposium also has partnership events – including the Industry/Navy Discussion Panel (INDP), the Port Engineers Symposium, and the Small Business Roundtable. The symposium will take place October 17-19. Best of all, exhibitors and attendees will have a great Exhibit Hall with multiple networking opportunities!
The American Society of Naval Engineers (ASNE) Fleet Maintenance & Modernization Symposium is an annual event, alternating between Hampton Roads and San Diego, bringing together the entire naval ship maintenance and modernization community like no other forum. ASNE’s FMMS allows for an open forum of communications and exchange of technical information on ship maintenance and modernization between the Maritime Services, Fleet Forces Command, NAVSEA, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Navy, industry, academia, deck plate users, and you.
This forum seeks to engage everyone who has a stake in building, repairing, sailing, innovating, updating, training, fighting, and winning on or from the sea on a US or allied military vessel. We are stronger when people with different backgrounds, education, jobs, trades, and experience discuss issues and solutions facing the fleet.
What are some of the intersections of communications from the fleet, industry, and academia of this forum?
- Learn what new technology can do and how best to integrate into a ship’s systems
- Work with other disciplines and stakeholders to ensure that engineering considerations are built into all phases and lifecycle process
- Share effective repair strategies based on collective data and deck plate experience to help eliminate the cost and time of rework
- Understand what ship designs and systems can be modernized with durable and proven technology
- Train others and share historical knowledge that can be collected for the next generation
- Leverage partnerships between small and large businesses to facilitate technology transition to the fleet
FMMS 2021 will include prominent guest speakers, panelists and paper presentations from the Navy, Coast Guard, industry and academia; providing a unique opportunity to interact with senior military and civil service decision makers, ship and craft operators and maintainers, repair and maintenance personnel, designers, builders, planners, engineers, program managers, life cycle engineers, equipment suppliers and other technical experts.