From September 23 to October 8, 2021, the Manabí corvette of the Ecuadorian Navy will participate in the UNITAS LXII Pacific / Amazon Phase Maneuvers in Peru. The exercise will also be attended by Multinational Forces of the armed forces of Germany, Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Spain, the United States, France, Honduras, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Morocco, Mexico, Panama, Peru , Dominican Republic, United Kingdom and Ecuador, the Operation will take place in the neighboring country of Peru as host and organizer of the naval training.
UNITAS is an international exercise for naval units dating from the 1960s, becoming one of the oldest naval exercises in the world. At the same time, it allows the interaction of navies from various countries in America and Europe, strengthening professional ties, exchanging operational experiences and interoperability among its naval units. UNITAS LX II consists of a meeting of friendly naval forces that participate in naval exercises capable of developing joint warfare and humanitarian operations in a coordinated and safe manner, for a better mutual understanding between them, which allows greater training and the effective application of procedures. of Command, Control and Tactics. UNITAS is an important contribution to the foreign policy of the participating states,
For this purpose, on Monday, September 20 at 1:00 p.m. the farewell ceremony will be held at the dock of the Yacht Club Naval, located on the Malecón 2000, and will set sail for Peru.
These naval exercises will be carried out on the coast of Callao-Peru, and are composed of:
– Joint and combined operations
– Surface, submarine, air defense and amphibious operations.
– Operations against asymmetric and conventional threats.
– Stability operations as a Combined Task Force (CTF) during a crisis.
– Maritime base in support of land operations
– Maritime interception operations (MIO)
– Humanitarian assistance / disaster relief due to the pandemic
– Promotion of human rights awareness
– Crisis management / response
– Littoral war
– Against transnational criminal organizations (C-TCO)
– Special operations
– Diving operations
– Jungle operations and riparian operations
– Ability to plan and operate in an environment limited by a pandemic
2. Increase interoperability in the following areas:
– Command and Control (C2)
– Common operational table (COP)
– Rules of Engagement (ROE)
– Tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP)
– Meteorology and Oceanography
– Generate tactical readiness through deployment for training (DFT)
3. Improve security cooperation:
– Develop / improve relationships between exercise participants
– Maintain awareness of human rights during the operations process (plan, prepare, execute, evaluate)
– Promote awareness of human rights
– Strengthen the role of women in the security sector.
The Manabí corvette is commanded by the CPFG-EM Marco Rivadeneira Yacelga and consists of a staff of 14 officers, 53 crew members and 04 public servants, who will depart with the unavoidable mission of raising the name of the Ecuadorian Navy and the country. entire, demonstrating his professionalism and mystique of work in front of the armies of other nations.