June 11, 2021 (Google Translation) – The Directorate General of Armaments (DGA) has received the 1 st June 2021 the first three boats drome operational * (EDO) on thirteen notified in May 2020 the company Zodiac Milpro International for complete service sixties on surface vessels of the French Navy.
These first three units will be deployed aboard the frigate La Fayette (one) and the amphibious helicopter carrier (PHA) Mistral (two).
These new semi-rigid boats will ensure, like their predecessors, operational missions of State action at sea, easement missions, water plan surveillance and self-defense missions, and rescue and rescue missions. assistance to a man overboard.
The deliveries of the ten other boats will be spread out until April 2022. They will be deployed aboard the PHA Mistral and Tonnerre , the La Fayette type frigates and the Monge test and measurement building (BEM) .
The main characteristics of an EDO are:
- Length of 7 m, width of 2.60 m;
- Displacement full load: 3.4 tons;
- Transport of a crew of 2 people + an intervention team of 12 people;
- Speed of 30 knots in the “rescue boat” version with 5 people on board, speed of around 20 knots when traveling fully loaded with 14 people on board.
* drome: designates all the boats of a ship