Japan-U.S. Bilateral Anti-Submarine Warfare Exercise
The JMSDF conducted a bilateral exercise with the U.S. Navy (USN) in order to strengthen the capability of Japan-U.S. Alliance for effective deterrence and response as described below.
(1) To improve the JMSDF’s tactical capabilities
(2) To improve interoperability between the JMSDF and the USN
3. Exercise Area
South of Kanto
4. Participating units
(1) JMSDF: JS IZUMO, P-1, Submarine
(2) USN: P-8A, MH-60R
5. Type of exercise
Anti-Submarine Warfare Exercise
(1) Japan-U.S. Bilateral Anti-Submarine Warfare Exercise has been conducted since 1957.
(2) Preventive measures against COVID-19 were implemented during the exercise.
MH-60R and JS IZUMO