October 11, 2018 (Google Translation) – On October 11, the Vympel Shipbuilding Plant JSC (part of the Kalashnikov Concern) launched the border patrol boat of the project 1496М1 and Lamantin cipher building No. 01410.
This is the second upgraded boat of the project 1496М1 in a series of five units that the company is building in the interests of the Border Service of the FSB of Russia.
The following persons participated in the ceremonial descent: Oleg Alexandrovich Goncharov, Managing Director of Vympel, Denis Valeryevich Dobryakov, Head of Rybinsk, Andrei Storozhev, Head of the Department for the Development of the Defense-Industrial Complex and the Implementation of the National Technical Initiative of the Yaroslavl Region Investment Department. .
The deep modernization of the project 1496M1 was carried out by the Vimpel perspective shipbuilding department to meet the modern requirements of the Border Guard Service of the Federal Security Service of Russia. The upgraded “Lamantin” in its tactical and technical characteristics significantly exceeds the basic design of the boat and meets the modern requirements for boats of this class. The hull form has been optimized, the speed and carrying capacity have almost doubled, the seaworthiness and the living conditions of the crew have been improved. The boat is equipped with a fire extinguishing system to assist ships in distress. There are many Russian components in the boat: engines, generators, pumps. The main power plant consists of three diesel gear units. The developer, manufacturer and supplier of DRA is Avtodizel-Service-Center Production Company LLC (Yaroslavl).
Running and acceptance tests of the boat of the project 1496M1 “Lamantin” with serial number 01410 will be held on the Black Sea.
Purpose of the boat:
- monitoring compliance with established regimes in the internal sea waters and the territorial sea of the Russian Federation;
- the detention of violating vessels, including speedboats and boats;
- protection of the detained vessels on internal and external raids, delivery of inspection groups thereto;
- verification of compliance with the state border regime in open ports and on roads;
- the performance of freight and personnel transport in the interests of border agencies;
- port operations at border crossing points;
- assistance to ships in distress on internal and external raids;
extinguishing fires on ships and onshore facilities.