October 15, 2018 (Google Translation) – From October 25 to November 7, 2018, Exercise Trident Juncture 2018 will be held. It will be held in the North Atlantic, Iceland and Norway which is the host nation. The 29 NATO countries, Finland and Sweden will take part.
In total, more than 45,000 men, 10,000 vehicles, 150 aircraft and 70 combat vessels will be deployed, under the direction of Admiral James G. Foggo commanding the Joint Forces Command Naples.
The subject of the exercise is a military intervention under Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty, which lays down the principle of collective defense. This exercise will certify the three components that will provide the NATO Response Force alert in 2019.
Focus on the means of the Navy that are engaged.
– The Projection and Command Building (BPC) Dixmuide
– the multi-mission frigate (FREMM) Bretagne
– Anti-submarine Fugitive (FASM) Latouche-Tréville
– the Command and Supply Building (BCR) Somme
– an Atlantique 2
– 1 Caiman Marine and 1 Alouette III embarked on Brittany and the Somme