September 7, 2018 (Google Translation) – The 35 th edition of the European Heritage Days will take place on 15 and 16 September, around the theme “The art of sharing”. Many sites of the Navy open to the public during these two days.
BREST (29)The maritime prefecture
- Offers public tours of the office of the maritime prefect and the directors’ room Saturday and Sunday from 10h to 18h. The e Hall of Honor will host an exhibition of the Strategic Oceanic Force. The Hall of Directors at 1 st floor will host the exhibition “State action at sea.”
- The Companions of Homework will be in the courtyard of the Castle. Workshop, exhibition and initiation around trades that are at the heart of the restoration and transmission of heritage: carpentry, carpentry, roofing, metalwork locksmith, saddlery Saturday and Sunday from 10h to 18h.
- The National Maritime Museum will be open to the public Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 18:30.
- Naval Training Center Brest. A tour will allow visitors to discover the architectural heritage of CIN, Sunday from 10h to 18h. Registration by mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- The historical service of Defense. Guided tours of the exhibition and SHD Saturday and Sunday at 15h and 16h. Visit free Saturday and Sunday from 14h to 18h.
- The Marine Museum will be open Saturday and Sunday from 10h to 18h.
- The villa of Kerlilon and the bunker of Admiral Dönitz open to the public Sunday from 10h to 12h and from 14h to 18h.
- The museum of riflemen tradition and Marine commandos will be open Saturday and Sunday from 13h30 to 18h.
- The Marine Museum at the Hotel de Cheusses will be open to the public Saturday and Sunday from 10h to 19h.
- The former Naval Medical School , located at 25 rue Amiral Meyer, will be open Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 5pm.
- Residence of the maritime prefect open to the public Saturday and Sunday from 14h to 17h. The Cherbourg prefectural residence of the Channel and the North Sea is a former mansion built in the mid-17th century by Jacques-Martin Maurice. It will be open to the public on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 September 2018 from 14:00 to 17:00. Access is via the n ° 12 rue des Bastions in Cherbourg (50). A presentation of a piece of identification will be mandatory.
- The Defense Historical Service will be open on Saturday and Sunday. This event is an opportunity to make a wider public aware of the historical service as a whole and more particularly the Cherbourg division, by exceptionally opening its stores and collections to the public. The service organizes guided tours of its premises and archive stores around the heritage funds, witnesses of the historical and military history of Cherbourg. Barracks of the Abbey, 57, rue de l’Abbaye in Cherbourg-en-Cotentin. Guided tours of the shops on Saturdays at 14h, 15h30 and 17h and Sundays at 11h, 14h, 15h30 and 17h; by telephone on +33 (0) 2 33 92 65 07 or on site (limited to 12 people per visit – an identity document will be required for the guided tour).
- Opening Chapel Notre Dame aux Armées. A 19th century Cherbourg religious monument, the public will be able to visit it from 9h to 19h on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 September 2018. On the program: visit, musical accompaniment, readings.
Notre-Dame des Armées chapel, René Le Bas, 61 rue de l’Abbaye, 50100 – Cherbourg-en-Cotentin.
- The Fort Lamalgue will be open to the public Saturday from 13:30 to 18 and Sunday from 9h to 18h. Sunday, a concert in common with the brass band of the military schools of Draguignan and that of the 503eme Régiment Train Nîmes will be given from 20h.
- Naval base of Fort Saint-Louis . Continuous visit Saturday and Sunday from 9h to 16h (last entry at 16h), including the visit of a surveillance frigate of the Navy and a maritime archeology exhibition (organized by the association for research and heritage development Martinique submarine and the GEODE laboratory at the University of the West Indies). Visitors must imperatively bring their identity card.
- Fort Desaix . 4 slots of visits are proposed every day (to envisage a niche of 2h of visit). Saturday, September 15: 8:30 – 10:30 – 13:30 – 15:30. Sunday, September 16: 8:30 – 10:30 – 13:30 – 15:30. A shuttle bus system is set up. The appointment is given outside the entrance of the Fort Saint-Louis naval base, at the times indicated above. Visitors will be brought back to the meeting place at the end of the visit. Attention: parking is not possible in the grounds of the naval base, visitors will have to plan to park, for example, at the parking lot of the savanna square. Interested persons must register by email to the address email@example.com by specifying the names, first names and dates of birth of the visitors, the visit slot chosen.The registration deadline is Monday, September 10th . Anyone not in possession of his identity card will be denied access to the bus, in the same way anyone not registered on the list will be able to access the bus. The configuration of places unfortunately makes it difficult to access people with reduced mobility and strollers.