On the eve of the 73rd anniversary of the Victory Day, the new shipbuilding complex of JSC Pella held a ceremony of launching the third, the second serial small missile ship Shkval, project 22800, page 253. The ship was laid on July 29, 2016.
The solemn event was attended by:
- Deputy Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation Boris Yuriy Ivanovich;
- Head of the Department of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation for the provision of the state defense order, Rear Admiral Andrei Vernigora;
- Head of the Department of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation for the provision of the state defense order, captain 1st rank Pavel Pechkovsky;
- Head of the Shipbuilding Administration of the Russian Navy, Rear Admiral Vladimir Tryapichnikov;
- Chief designer of JSC “Central Marine Design Bureau” Almaz “Tsymlyakov Dmitry Evgenievich;
- Chief advisor to the USC president for military shipbuilding Victor Viktorovich Chirkov;
- General Director of JSC Pella Tsaturov Herbert Robertovich;
- representatives of the Scientific Research Institute of Shipbuilding and Armament of the Naval Forces of the Naval Forces of the Navy “Naval Academy”, officers of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, the Main Command of the Navy, management and employees of the plant.
A small rocket ship is designed to conduct combat operations in the near sea zone and participate in the fulfillment of tasks in peacetime and wartime independently and in interaction.
- Length about 67 m
- Width about 11 m
- Standard displacement about 800 t
- Full speed up to 30 knots
- Range of navigation up to 2500 miles
- the “Caliber” missile system;
- artillery AK-176MA – 1 set;
- anti-aircraft missile and artillery complex “Pantsir-ME”.
The ship is equipped with modern control systems, radio-technical weapons, radio communication, navigation, electronic warfare and countermeasures, anti-saber armament, portable anti-aircraft missile systems.